Keeping Your Restaurant Safe for Customers and Staff
Being a restaurant owner is a tough job. From the constant hustle of customers coming in and out to ensuring that the food is fresh and delicious to keeping the restaurant staff motivated and friendly, it can be a daunting, never-ending job. South Florida has a rich tradition of opening forward-thinking culinary masterpieces throughout the region. With a booming tourism sector, it is important that restaurant do their best to compete and stay in business.
When a restaurant owner thinks about their day to day tasks, the list is seemingly endless. Worrying about financials and operations can seem like a thankless job, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Owning a commercial property means thinking about safety at all times, particularly in the restaurant industry. From protecting staff to protecting customers, safety measures must be in place when there are a varying number of risks linked to running a restaurant.
From wet floors to cooking equipment, restauranteurs must take an active role in establishing safety standards that are well communicated. The following are some of the most important safety measures to keep in mind as a restaurant owner:
- Regular inspections on all appliances
- Fire safety training for all staff members
- Food safety procedures clearly identified and communicated to all employees
- First aid kit readily available and fully stocked
- Multiple fire extinguishers throughout the restaurant
- Clearly communicate hygiene and sanitation standards
- Electrical appliances must be kept away from any wet areas
- Standardized action plan for any type of spill to prevent a slip and fall accident
- Staff must be properly dressed in appropriate aprons and gloves
Being a restaurant owner can be an extremely rewarding and exciting job. Unfortunately, without safety measures in place, the possible liability is enormous. From water issues to fire issues, setting clear safety standards and then communicating them to all is absolutely imperative. If your restaurant has sustained any fire damage or water damage, SERVPRO of North Palm Beach County is here for you. Call us today!